Translate

Monday 7 March 2016

The Pain Of Divorce!


By Stanley Collymore

The embarrassing pain of divorce
is often mitigated by the
great relief of knowing
that you’ve managed
to escape the bad
decision of
marriage.

© Stanley V. Collymore
7 August 2001.


Author’s Thoughts:
Written on the date stated this poem: “The pain of divorce” is dedicated to Kate of Surrey who recently wrote and I quote:

“According to a survey, we are supposed to be at our happiest at 39, having a great job, home and soul mate. At 39 I was going through a divorce from my “soul mate” after finding out he was having an affair; was in a job I hated and was living in a rented house. Now, several years later, I am much happier, with a man who loves me, a job that challenges me and my own house. Happiness cannot be given an age - happiness is found when it is found!”

Well said Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment